Backhoe Training and Certification
The Loader Backhoe is quite often referred to as a Backhoe. In reality, it has a front bucket and a back bucket. It is only when the stabilizers are down – raising the rear tires off the ground and the front bucket is down – raising the front tires off the ground that it becomes a Backhoe. When the stabilizers are up and the front tires on the ground it is a Loader.
Our job here is to develop in you the back bucket skills that you will need to have to become certified on the backhoes. Actually, you will train on two different backhoes here and when you complete our training, you will be certified to operate all of the backhoes out there.
To get Backhoe certified here at Deep Creek Construction School, you will need to successfully demonstrate, on two different backhoes, all of the following:
- Memorized safety information
- A complete walk around safety inspection
- Control Identification
- Start Up Procedures
- Back Bucket Specific Tasks
- The ability to control the bucket.
- Dig a two foot deep flat bottom trench the full reach with proper placement of the spoil pile within 10 minutes.
- dig in a straight line.
- Shutdown Procedures
- Preventative Maintenance Checklist